Last Updated: February 5, 2021
No Use of Site by Minors
The Website, and the products and services described on the website, are intended for use by individuals who are at least 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18 you should not be visiting the Website. We do not knowingly collect or retain personal information from minors under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 and are visiting or otherwise using the Website please exit the Website immediately and do not disclose or provide any personally-identifiable information via the Website.
Users Outside the United States
The Website is not directed at or intended for users outside the U.S. Please be advised that if you are located in the European Union or another region with laws related to data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, your personal information submitted through this Website and transferred to the U.S. may not have the same legal data protection as in your jurisdiction.
Information We Collect
As you browse and access content on the Website, we may collect certain information from you and your computer. We may collect information from users of the Website through users’ online activities on the Website. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use the Website.
Information we collect through the Website may include:
- Information that identifies you personally such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and user account password.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide when you contact us through the Website that may identify you or allow online or offline contact with you.
How We Use Collected Information
We use information collected through the Website as follows.
- To process grant applications you submit.
- To manage grants awarded to you by the Weaver Foundation.
- To act on and respond to your requests and inquiries.
- To analyze Website usage and improve the Website functionality.
- To notify you regarding any concerns with the Website or information collected by us through the Website, including, as required by law in the event that personal information you provided to us is exposed to unauthorized third-parties.
How We Share Collected Information
We will not share your information except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may collect, report and share personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, for example, our third-party grant management software provider. We may also share your personal information with third-party providers of cloud, web and/or server hosting services. Certain third-party service providers utilized by us may collect personal information from you as authorized by us. Our service providers may provide information collected by them through this Website to us, such as reports of email addresses they collect, store and/or process for us, which we may use to contact you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these service providers or of other websites. By using our Website, you consent to the processing and handling of your personal information by our service providers in the manner and for the purposes described here and in their respective privacy policies. We do not authorize these third parties to use your personal information except as necessary to provide services to us or for purposes authorized by us.
- Additionally, we may disclose your personal data (1) to comply with a law, regulation or other governmental request, for example, to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process or requests by law enforcement or governmental entities; (2) to investigate or defend against third-party claims against us; (3) to detect, prevent or investigate fraud or other illegal activity or to enforce these terms; (4) to repair or resolve technical issues in the operation of this Website; (5) if required by law, to respond to a request by you to disclose the information, including a request to allow access to your account and personal information by third-parties designated by you; (6) with your knowledge and consent; and (7) to address emergencies or acts of God.
Cookies, Beacons and Similar Tracking Technologies
This Website may use various technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect and store information when you access and use our services.
A cookie is a piece of data that’s either stored in your computer’s memory temporarily and automatically deleted when you close your browser (a “session” cookie) or placed on your hard drive (a “persistent” cookie) by a web server. A persistent cookie is not deleted when the browser is closed. Cookies allow us to make your interaction with the Website faster and more personal, for example by remembering your preferences the next time you return to the Website. Cookies also allow us to monitor how you and other users use the Website. This information can be used to improve the site or detect and prevent site misuse.
Web beacons, which are also known as clear GIFs, bugs or pixel tags, are often used in combination with cookies. They are images (often transparent) that are embedded as part of the Website for the purpose of monitoring the behavior of persons who interact with the Website.
This Website contains links to other websites, including the websites of our valued partners. These third-party websites may set cookies or other tracking tools on your device. We are not responsible for the cookie or tracking practices of other websites.
Links to Third Party Websites
How Do We Protect Your Information
We take the security of the information you provide us seriously. To protect your information, including personal information, from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of information collected through this Website or through other means. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that the information you provide to us will never be accessed by an unauthorized party or otherwise breached during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care. Additionally, any contact with us by email or by way of the Website might not be secure. For example, others could view this information in transit.
In the event that we believe any of the personal information you provided to us has been exposed to unauthorized third-parties, we will notify you as required by law or upon our own choice. In the event of such unauthorized exposure, we expressly reserve the right to provide notice to you electronically if permitted to do so by law.
Retention of Collected Information
We will retain the information you provide to us for only as long as we deem reasonably necessary or desirable. We reserve the right to delete or destroy any information collected, including personal information, at any time.
We may update or change our privacy practices and this policy from time to time. If we update the policy, we will publish an announcement on this page of the Website or as otherwise required by law. The date at the top of this policy reflects the date of the most recent update.
Weaver Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 26040
Greensboro, NC 27420-6040